Effective: July 1, 2020
1. Scheduling: all lessons with our teachers must be booked through our online scheduling portal.
2. Cancelation/Reschedules: please provide our teachers with at least a 24-hour advance notice of a cancelation or rescheduling of your lesson.
3. We encourage donations in return for the classes. While our suggested donation amount is $20-$40 per class, there is no “minimum” donation amount.
4. Intellectual Property. The website (microplanes.org), the logo, marks, and all content or features available on or through the website, and any materials you may receive from us as part of our lessons, is (unless otherwise expressly designated) intellectual property of MicroPlanes, and may not be reproduced or used without written permission. All other rights are expressly reserved.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE OR OUR SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF OUR VOLUNTEERS, ADVISORS OR MEMBERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE PROVIDE OUR SERVICES AS VOLUNTEERS AND OUR SERVICES MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO IMMUNITY PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE FEDERAL AND CALIFORNIA LAW, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE VOLUNTEER PROTECTION ACT OF 1997. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY REFLECT THE APPROPRIATE ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN US AND YOU, AND THAT WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE OUR SERVICES TO YOU WITHOUT THIS ALLOCATION OF RISK.
6. Termination: We reserve the right to discontinue our services to you at any time and for any reason.
7. Severability. If any particular provision of these terms is found to be unenforceable, that provision will be severable and will not affect any of the other provisions.
8. Changes to these Terms. We reserve the right to make changes to any materials or information on our website, including these terms, without notice to you. The most current terms will be posted here on the website and will be effective upon posting.